JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
How to create my own theme and save it as a private?Asked by sjpd on May 27, 2015 at 08:46 PM
I've tried applying the Simplicity theme to one of my forms and them injecting some CSS modifications. Then I hoped I could visit MyThemes and create a new theme. But it did not save the theme.
What are the steps to create my own customized version of the Simplicity theme?
And once I'm able to save a custom theme, how can I make it appear in the drop down list of themes in "Preferences -> Form Styles".
I've spent two days trying to create a them that I can reuse for embedded forms, so I can avoid the need to inject CSS into each new form. It seems that if apply a new theme (Simplicity) and then I inject CSS in preferences, at some point, re-visiting the preferences (form width), overwrites the theme settings applied int he first step. I must admit, it is very frustrating.
create and how My Forms form width new form inject CSS
Those themes listed in the "Preferences" are our default ones. I would advise that when you are injecting custom CSS code, it's better to place them inside the Form Designer Tool->CSS tab. To learn more about the Form Designer Tool, you can check our video tutorials here: http://www.jotform.com/help/300-Form-Designer-Tutorial-Let-s-create-fantastic-forms-
To see your created themes or the ones you purchased, you can click the "Themes" section in your form builder, that's where the themes are listed.
To create your own theme, you can follow the steps below.
1. First I created a form, I titled the form "Theme Creation". In your case, you already have a form where you want to based the design theme.
2. Save the changes in your form. Navigate away from the form editor and click the "Themes" in your navigation, the top menu.
3. Click the "My Themes" section, here you'll see the themes you created or you purchased. Click "New Theme" to create a new one.
4. Here, you can choose which form to based the design. In my case, I created a form titled "Theme Creation", I'll use the design of that form to create my custom theme.
5. After choosing the form, you can edit further the design of your theme using the editor below. You can add the theme name, details and if you want to make it private you can click the "Show Only To Me".
6. After clicking the save theme button, you'll see the newly created theme in your list.
7. That custom theme will be available to be use, just click the "Themes" section in your form builder when editing a form.
8. In your "My Themes" tab, you'll see the themes you created and you can apply it to any of your forms.
I hope that helps.