- MimichAsked on May 31, 2015 at 03:06 PM
Hi I would like to setup a 2 step process of collecting payments with stripe. In the first page user will enter their basic information like name, address, email and then hit submit, then in the next page he would have to enter his credit card details but not have to fill out his name, email and address details all over again, that would be preopouplated, he only have to enter his cc details and his name along with the credit card at most. How can I do that? Thank you
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on June 01, 2015 at 12:52 AM
Yes it is possible to achieve your requirement by taking advantage of our "URL Parameter" and "Custom Thank you URL" feature to pre-populate your form fields. The following guide should help you: https://www.jotform.com/help/71-Prepopulating-fields-to-your-JotForm-via-URL-parameters
Here are the steps you should follow:
1. Get the field names of both your forms . The fields of form 1 which you want to read and the fields of your form 2 which you want to populate. The following guide should help you get your field names: https://www.jotform.com/help/146-How-to-find-Field-IDs-Names
2. Once you have the field names of both the forms, now you need to build a pre-population URL. The following guide should help you: https://www.jotform.com/help/71-Prepopulating-fields-to-your-JotForm-via-URL-parameters
3. The pre-population URL needs to be added this in the "Custom URL" of your first form's thank you options. Please the screenshot below:
Once the first form is submitted, user will automatically redirected to second form with the fields pre-populated.
Hope this helps.
Do get back to us if you have any questions.