- shw528Asked on June 10, 2015 at 07:54 PM
Sometimes orders placed using the Quantity Gift Registry widget do not come through. Let me give you an example. In the referenced form, I ordered all available items in these widgets:
Beef - Ribs; Beef - Round Steak; Chicken - Necks; Pork - Liver; Pork - Ribs; Pork - Shoulder Roast; Turkey - Wing
You can see the results in Result #1 in the attached image. When I cleared the submission, and placed the exact same order, the results came through, as you can see from Result #2 in the image.
I have my logic setup to show the "----- BEEF -----" text box if any beef items are ordered, the "----- CHICKEN -----" text box if any chicken items are ordered, etc. So it was able to recognize that I placed beef and chicken orders, but they did not show up in the order confirmation. And when I went back to the form, the items were still available for order.
If you look at the 2 most recent submissions for this form, you will see other items that have done the same thing. I have performed THOROUGH testing on this, but I cannot find a pattern. All I can tell you is to do this:
1) Go through the form and choose a bunch of items.
2) Before you hit submit, write down exactly what you've selected.
3) Hit submit, and verify that everything you chose is in the submission receipt.
4) After 3 or 4 orders, there will very likely be an item that is missing or does not show up on the confirmation receipt.
I have been using the original version of this form for several weeks now, and this is happening consistently, so there definitely is a bug, and it is driving me crazy. For any orders that come through with blank items, I have to manually follow up with those customers individually.
I will really appreciate if you can identify this issue for me. Thank you!!
- raulAnswered on June 10, 2015 at 08:14 PM
I've checked the submissions received on the mentioned form and I see data captured from the widgets.
Can you provide an example of what data is missing? Or you mean that you're unable to submit the form sometimes?
- raulAnswered on June 10, 2015 at 08:18 PM
I see that you've provided more information that I couldn't see before posting my previous response. Let me create a cloned version of your form and make some tests.
I think this might be related with the amount of widgets your form has since it took a while to load on my side.
I'll let you know what I can find.
- shw528Answered on June 10, 2015 at 08:36 PM
Terrific. Thank you.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on June 10, 2015 at 11:32 PM
I cloned your form and I have duplicated your issue. We will escalate this issue to our development team. We will update you as soon as this is fixed.
- shw528Answered on June 11, 2015 at 12:16 PM
Excellent. Looking forward to your response.
- shw528Answered on June 12, 2015 at 10:11 AM
Hello Christian and Raul,
Any progress on resolving this issue?
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on June 12, 2015 at 11:26 AM
Sorry for the inconvenience. The issue is still being investigated by our developers. So far, we don't have any updates yet. We will notify you via this thread once an update is available.
Thank you for your patience.
- shw528Answered on June 17, 2015 at 10:37 PM
I just got another blank order submitted to my form here. Every time this happens, I have to follow up with my customers individually to see what they intended on ordering. When they find out that my ordering system is unreliable, they are unhappy and I am likely to lose sales. This is a serious problem for me. I have started looking into more reliable e-commerce solutions as another alternative.
Have your developers identified the problem yet? If so, what is it? Has a solution been identified? If so, when is it going to be implemented?
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on June 17, 2015 at 11:43 PM
Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Our developers are currently working on this issue and it is still In Progress. So far, we do not have any updates yet. I will leave a message to the developers to follow up on this. We will inform you on this thread as soon as we get an update from them.
Thank you for your patience.
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on January 15, 2016 at 03:27 AM
I'm sorry this took us a while to resolve - but the widgets should show all the values now.
Kindly check - and let us know if you have any concerns -
Here's a copy of your form for testing - http://www.jotform.com/form/51609042644957
Please let us know if you have any concerns.
- shw528Answered on January 18, 2016 at 10:47 AMThank you for the update.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on January 18, 2016 at 12:11 PM
On behalf of my colleague, you are welcome.
Do test the widget and get back to us if you have any questions.