- ChecMarkAsked on June 19, 2015 at 02:04 PMI am really struggling trying to add fields to my form and don't know where to post the problem. Whenever I try to drag and drop a field the whole form goes wonky. When I add a new field, such as when I added the address it does not go to the bottom of the form where I want it. Instead it shows up in the middle of other lines and makes a mess out of those fields.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on June 19, 2015 at 02:17 PM
I tested the form builder in a few different browsers and I was unable to reproduce the issue of not being able to drag fields to the desired location. Each time I tried dragging a field, I was able to place it where I wanted. Could you please let us know which browser you are using that will not allow you to properly drag fields? As soon as we can reproduce the issues, we can help you to get it sorted.
In any case, if you would like to change field positioning in the form once a field is placed, you can always using the movement options for each field to manually move them up and down:
This will allow you to force the fields to move one line up or one line down.
Just let us know which browser you are using and we will have a look to see what may be causing the issue.
- ChecMarkAnswered on June 19, 2015 at 02:33 PM
Thanks, David. I'll try that instead for moving fields, but it won't help when trying to add a field.
If you look at the three name fields with phone numbers and email addresses, first I tried duplicating the fields, name first and it put the duplicate beside it and moved the email down to the next line. I tried to move the name field down to the first position on the second line and it went to the end of the line and I could not drag it back. After I created the three fields for each name I must have tried for half an hour to get them to line up properly. Finally gave up, deleted them and created new lines which worked better.
When I tried to add the address at the bottom instead it landed between the first and second name field and I started all over again trying to drag and drop.
I'm using Chrome.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on June 19, 2015 at 02:49 PM
I believe you are having same issue I used to have, is your OS Windows 8? If that is the case, you need to disable the touch screen function in Google Chrome by navigating to chrome://flags/ to disable touch event.
Let us know if you need more help, we will be glad to assist you.
- ChecMarkAnswered on June 19, 2015 at 02:59 PM
No. I'm using Windows 7 Pro. I just tried to move the Business Address on the same line as the Address Line 2. It went all over the form and not where I needed it. I left it where it ended up to see if you have the same problems.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on June 19, 2015 at 03:14 PM
The issues, I believe, is with trying to have several fields in the same line. Trying to drag the fields to the proper position when there are varying length fields that may be forced onto different lines can indeed be frustrating. I would recommend using the manual movement as well as the "merge to" options in order to properly position your fields. The form builder tries its best to position the fields but since some of them do not have labels and such, they have varying widths.
For example, your Street Address fields do not have top labels and fit onto a different line than the fields that do. This is pushing the field without the label a bit awkwardly. Also, if the field is too wide, it could also be pushed to another line.
Using the "move to a new line" or "merge with line above" function in the field options should allow you to force them to move.
- ChecMarkAnswered on June 24, 2015 at 01:21 PMGuys, I'm in total panic mode! I've sent numerous emails about the issue of the form showing as "saving" for days, but no one will answer me. I've invested hours and hours into this form and don't want to lose all my work. I'm afraid to even touch the form until I get some answers as to what's going on with it. PLEASE!
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on June 24, 2015 at 02:34 PM
Since this issue is not related to the original, I have moved the request to a thread of its own. I will follow up in this thread here shortly: