- PeopleTeamAsked on June 24, 2015 at 09:27 AM
1. Please confirm when our data is backed up re frequency and method?
2. Is the back up stored off site in the event that there is an outage in the data centre?
3. What is the SLA to recover the backed up data?
- BenAnswered on June 24, 2015 at 10:57 AM
These questions seem closely related to one another, but in the same time, they would be best replied to by our maintenance team.
For that reason I will raise this to them.
For what is worth, I can tell you that we have several data centers in US and Europe and we back up the data frequently as well as having it connected together with a replication so that all data is saved and backed up with the same details.
I will leave the rest to our maintenance team since they would be able to give you more precise answer.
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on June 24, 2015 at 03:58 PM
However, on regards to submissions data, it is the user's solely responsibility to do her own backups. If you modify a form and delete some fields, this data will not be recovered.
So, I would suggest you to integrate your forms with a 3rd party storage service such as Dropbox or google drive. This way, a copy of the data would be forwarded to such service.