- hsheahanAsked on June 25, 2015 at 01:17 PM
I need way to update this web view of my form report. My client wants to just update the status of the records after they are formed. Works like this...
1. viewer submits the initial record - done using a form i created at JotForm and embedded in my WP website.
2. On another page, I have the report of this data showing - done using JotForm and some other tools in WP.
3. Now, I need to program a way for two people (wordpress users that would be logged in) to look at the report through the web view and then to update the information in the Status column. They will be choosing from one of 5 status options. The workflow of the status options go sequentially like A to B to C to D to E - with A the starting status and ending with the E status. Ideas of how to get started PHP? AJAX? MYSQL? what to research or who to hire?
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on June 25, 2015 at 02:19 PM
As far as I know, the only way to update report data, if you are using one of our reports, is to update the data via the form itself. If that is the case, you could add an admin section to your form that has the status' and edit the submissions to update the report. I do not believe you can manually update the report itself through the web view. Since the report is dynamically generated based off submission data each time the report is loaded, only updates to the submission data will update the report data.
If I am misunderstanding what you are trying to do, let us know and we will see what else we can recommend.
- hsheahanAnswered on June 25, 2015 at 03:21 PM
This is the report that I created. See the status column. I want to create a drop down of 5 choices, where the viewer (a logged in WP user) can select one of the 5 statuses and update the report. Basically changing the original status that was entered in the initial record creation from the form. There has to be a way to do this, and it's ok if it needs to be programmed and written, just need to be pointed in the right direction. Will your admin status suggestion work like this? Just wondering how to navigate to make the update to the record. Is there a way to hotlink and ID submission to click on the link and bring up that individual record and then the status change could happen?
- hsheahanAnswered on June 25, 2015 at 03:44 PM
Do I add an admin section to the form in JotForm or in the WP page that contains/references the form? How do I go about adding an admin section?
- hsheahanAnswered on June 25, 2015 at 04:08 PM
Thank you for the tip on workflow workaround. I do still need help to navigate through the report to the individual record to edit. Ideas? I can write a separate question on that, I guess.
I need any one of the report fields per record to let my viewer click on the data to open up that record (like what shows in the tip provided), in which the reviewer would see the way to edit the status via this route http://www.jotform.com/answers/401633. I don't want my client working from email notices. Notifications are great, but they're more of an alert than a standard to follow. Great tips on the conditional emails though.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on June 25, 2015 at 04:29 PM
Other than through the notifications, they could also edit the submissions from the account submission view:
This would allow them to make the edits and view all the submissions at once. The updates would be reflected in the report. You can share access to the form submissions with them as a sub-user if you would like:
They would then be able to see all the records and update them. You can share individual forms or just submissions with them so they will only have access to their own.
- hsheahanAnswered on June 25, 2015 at 04:56 PM
Great. That will do. It's not pretty, but the functions I need are solid, and I can work with the rest to get a good process going. Thanks for all the reference details. I'll be using a bit of all of it.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on June 25, 2015 at 06:02 PM
You are very welcome. Just let us know if you have any trouble along the way and we will be happy to help.