- janetAsked on June 25, 2015 at 07:21 PM
I keep "simply" following your instructions so all of my form will print, including the headers and test but when I submit a test it keeps showing and printing the form the way it always has; no difference. How do you SAVE the setting once you have checked the box? Why doesn't all my stuff print?
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on June 25, 2015 at 11:53 PM
Please refer to the related user guide
and this guide also
Let us know if you are still having difficulty doing this.
- janetAnswered on June 26, 2015 at 11:23 AMI told you in my email yesterday that I had followed the instructions you now show me in your screen shot. Am I also supposed to uncheck the Auto Hide Empty Fields box to make my headers seen or can I leave it checked. My receptionists print each submission and the paper wastage is incredible.
Please give me a customized response to this problem, not a standard generic one.
- ShadaeAnswered on June 26, 2015 at 01:57 PM
After reviewing your submissions, I am seeing that your headers and text are being shown:
Are you printing your forms submissions directly from your submissions page or do you use the PDF link that is sent with your form submission notification?
We await for your response to better assist you.
- janetAnswered on June 26, 2015 at 02:08 PMThanks for the quick answer. I was sending in test submissions and the receptionist printed them as usual. I don’t know how they print it usually but if they should go to a pdf link I can tell them to look into it. We’ll try it out when I’m next in the office, which will be Monday.
Can I presume that if they print as a pdf that they can also paste that pdf into the correct place in their POS system software, too, instead of physically scanning each one? I’m all into saving paper.
thanks very much,
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on June 26, 2015 at 03:19 PM
Can I presume that if they print as a pdf that they can also paste that pdf into the correct place in their POS system software, too,
We do not know what is the POS system you were using, so we can cannot assume for an exact answer to this.
But from what I understand so far, if the submission data is printed as PDF, then you will have the PDF file... I can only assume this far that what you wanted to achieve is for the POS system to parse the PDF file.
...can also paste that pdf into the correct place
Can you provide more clarity on this? How do they exactly paste the pdf?
- janetAnswered on June 29, 2015 at 02:33 PMThanks. Just figured out that only I have the capability to print with headers etc. because receptionists can’t get into the editing function, they just receive the emails with submissions.
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on June 29, 2015 at 03:45 PM
If you want to attach a PDF copy of submission to your notification you can enable it from the Email setup wizard. This option sends the PDF copy of the submissions with texts and headers as an attachment.
Or the PDF version can also be included in the notification email body as a link also from the email setup wizard.
Hope this information helps!!