- marcumtravelAsked on November 29, 2011 at 01:08 PM
I have a submission, but I get an error message stating that there is no data to display?
Where is the submission?
Please email for support
- AtacanCAnswered on November 29, 2011 at 04:53 PM
First off, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Can you please try to check your submissions on https://secure.jotform.com/ ?
If you still can't see your submissions, do let us know. So we can investigate further.
- marcumtravelAnswered on November 29, 2011 at 10:14 PM
I have it on the secure site. Do I get an email notification for submissions, or will I need to log in?
- JotForm SupportmlizAnswered on November 29, 2011 at 10:22 PM
If you have an email alert created for the forms then you will be notified via email once a user submits data using the form. For more information on how to set this up please visit the following article from our user guide"
How to receive email notification on form submissions
Thanks for using JotForm!
- marcumtravelAnswered on November 29, 2011 at 10:51 PM
I'm supposed to have two forms submitted, but I only get one to show up? How do I get all submissions to show up?
- JotForm SupportmlizAnswered on November 30, 2011 at 12:13 AM
In your JotForm account you can view the details of the submission one at time and navigate through all of it using the next or back arrows.
Once you are logged in to your JotForm account
1. Click on My Forms
2. Highlight the selected form
3. Click on Submissions
4. There is a Next and Back arrows located on both sides of the submission details. You can click on it to view the submissions. At the bottom there is also a list of the submissions including the previous data.
I've checked your forms and was able to see the 2 submissions.
Hope this helps.
Let us know if you have additional questions.