- mathquizAsked on November 29, 2011 at 08:11 PM
Wow i don't really use opera but some people must so why don't you support it or at least tell people
before they start building that they can't save the form.
I have supplied TIFF image of the problem this is browser Specific.
I don't use opera uften i just noticed the problem.
- fxrAnswered on November 29, 2011 at 08:24 PM
I use Opera a fair bit.
I have never seen this isse before, and a quick test just now doesnt reveal any issue.
When exactly is it heppening? I notice you have a few elements on your form.
- mathquizAnswered on November 29, 2011 at 09:24 PM
I tested with all major browsers. (only oprea produces error
And with varios forms the icluding the one given. The picture shows what happens
i click save and i get the error NO ACTION WAS PROVIDED PLEASE CHECK YOUR REQUEST.
I tried it on chrome and it worked why not opera?
- JotForm SupportmlizAnswered on November 29, 2011 at 10:16 PM
We'll await for your response. Thanks!
- mathquizAnswered on November 30, 2011 at 10:22 PM
Will check i havent changed the default install settings though.
So, js was enabled.
It is also pretty recent.
I will give more specifics when i can check.
- mathquizAnswered on November 30, 2011 at 10:25 PM
It would be 11.5 for OS X
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on December 01, 2011 at 03:38 AM
Thank you for reporting this problem. At this moment, please use different browsers when saving your form.
As always, thank you for your cooperation with us.