- MVCCFrederickAsked on June 29, 2015 at 05:31 PMI have since added a "Unique Submission" "Loose Check" limit. I don't know if that will help or not. Does that limit prevent a second submission right after the first or will it also prevent someone from going back a day or two later and submitting the same information? Is this done through cookies within the user's browser.
- BenAnswered on June 29, 2015 at 05:32 PM
I have not included the info on the form limitations on the previous thread in order to give you a bit more details and allow you to ask us further in regards to this, while we help you with the original issue on that other thread.
In regards to the loose check limitation - yes, you are correct Dan, it will add a cookie after the first submission and should not allow a second one to be made, neither right after nor a day after - as long as they do not clear their cookies.
For people like me it means that after at most a few hours that limitation would not work since I have my browsers set up to clear it each time I turn them off, but for 80-90% (if not more) of people it would not allow them to make a submission.
If the "Unique Submission" limitation is set to check against the email for example, then they would need to use a different email - making the submission unique once again.
You can see more about this here:
- MVCCFrederickAnswered on June 29, 2015 at 07:12 PM
Thank you Ben, that's kind of what I thought would be the case. This form is one that is refreshed and used each year. Would simply removing the submissions from the previous year allow a user to submit in the new year - or would they still need to be concerned about clearing cookies? As you rightly pointed out 90% of people wouldn't even know what we were talking about.
Just trying to determine if the limit feature is going to be more trouble than help.
Thanks again for working on this. I have to say, I have found the whole Jotform tech support team to be outstanding. I wish all software/app makers were as dependable and responsive.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on June 29, 2015 at 11:40 PM
Thanks for your kind remarks. We greatly appreciate it. :)
If you are still referring to the loose check limit, yes they have to clear their browser cookies in order to submit again. They can also use different browser to submit another entry.
If you want to limit submissions base on a field answer, e.g. email address, this one should help. http://www.jotform.com/help/223-How-to-set-Form-Limits-Based-on-a-Unique-Question. You just need to delete the submissions so the user can resubmit the same email address.
Hope this helps.
- MVCCFrederickAnswered on June 30, 2015 at 07:24 AM
Yes, thank you again very much.
- JotForm SupportMike_GAnswered on July 10, 2015 at 03:02 PM
That's an interesting question. I'm sorry, I have to move it on a different thread. You can follow that thread via this link: http://www.jotform.com/answers/607732
We will attend to you there shortly.