- drazekAsked on July 02, 2015 at 12:09 PM
what prevents someone from copying our jotform embed code and placing it on their websites?
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on July 02, 2015 at 12:53 PM
Actually noting. If someone know to read HTML they can find link of your form inside of your website and then clone it.
However it is also possible to restrict the form cloning. Even if someone knows your form ID / form URL, they will not be able to clone your form.
Here are the steps to restrict form cloning:
1. Click on the person looking icon.
2. Click on the "Account" link.
3. Click on "Settings"
4. Ensure that the "Privacy" check box is checked. Please check the screenshot below:
Hope this will help. Let us know if you need further assistance.
- drazekAnswered on July 02, 2015 at 10:11 PM
what does this privacy setting actually do?
does it change a behavior of the form in any way?
does it sense a domain?
bottom line, it would be good to know - how does it work exactly?
- CharlieAnswered on July 03, 2015 at 01:06 AM
I believe the only effect that it does, is that other users cannot clone or copy your form using the "Import Form" under "Create Form" option.
Currently, when the option mentioned by my colleague in your account settings is enabled, other users cannot clone your form using the Form URL, direct link or even if it's embedded on a website.
It does not change the domain of the forms and it does not affect the forms' function. It just disables cloning of the forms in your account by other users.
Do let us know if you need more information on this.