JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
The information i added in "View Responses" on Forms Central are not brought in to jot form. How to fix this?Asked by pardop1 on July 03, 2015 at 03:35 PM
On many forms I used with forms central I added columns to the view responses page. there are important comments and information in those comments that did not come through when I converted to forms central. What is the work around to capture those added columns? This is very importantly and timely.
To be honest, I am not that familiar with FormsCentral and I just would like to ask, are these columns you are asking us about should be shown on the Submission's page only and not on the form itself? From what I understand, you are asking for the comment section on submission's page which is a feature available on FormsCentral's Responses page, is that correct? Kindly, give us more information of your request so we may further help you. We will wait for your response. Thank you.
Yes, this is information I've added that do not correlate to a field on the form that I would like to see on the grid of responses on the submissions page after I convert the form from forms central to jot form.
It would be helpful to to find someone at jot forms that is familiar w form central to better assist me w this issue.
Sent from my iPhone
From what I understand so far, the existing information data on your Formcentral data contains column/field that is not present in the JotForm form.
Thus, if we do some imaginary field mapping, it will appear that the "View Response" does not have a match field in JotForm form.
Here is the workaround you can try
1. Export the formcentral data to either Excel or CSV file format
2. In your JotForm Form, add another field to the form (using the Form Builder). You can name this filed as "View Response" if you like
3. Now you have available raw data (Excel/CSV file) and the Form with matching field.
4. You can import the Excel/CSV data to the JotForm Form existing submissions using the Import Data App
5. Since you have added another field in the Form (step #2), if you View the grid response view of the form, you should see the same column also similar to the Formcentral
6. When you process the import data using the app, the Formcentral data should populate the "View Response" field also in the form(it will also appear in the grid view of submission)
Basically, I have breakdown the steps on this guide
Hope this help.
Thanks for this work around. I'll test it out it to make sure it does what I need.
Sent from my iPhone
We will wait for your results.