- nickphonics18Asked on July 06, 2015 at 08:13 AM
google captcha isn't displaying on mobile so the form won't submit. Its just showing an empty space. any ideas?
Form can be found here
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on July 06, 2015 at 08:33 AM
Thanks for contacting us.
I checked your form on an android device and I was not able to replicate the issue. The Google Captcha was displayed in the form. See screenshot below.
Can you provide us the device and browser app you are using when accessing your website so we can further check the issue? If you can provide a screenshot of the issue then that would be great.
We will wait response.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on July 06, 2015 at 11:32 AM
I was able to reproduce the problem using androids native browser. It is most probably an issue on this particular browser, it could be outdated or it has not been actively supported since it works fine on Chrome Browser.
If you want to continue with using Google Captcha, we suggest to use Chrome Browser. Otherwise, you can replace this captcha with the native one under Quick Tools. This should work on any browser.
We will answer your other question on this thread https://www.jotform.com/answers/603873.
- nickphonics18Answered on July 06, 2015 at 06:09 PM
Thanks for your help.
The problem with the original native one is it isn't very mobile friendly/ good UX. Where are the new one is.
I can't rely on people not using the stock android browser, as i reckon the majority probably do use it.
Is there any work arounds to get it to display?
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on July 06, 2015 at 07:23 PM
Unfortunately no, if you think the majority will use it, replace it for the one that my colleague recommended.
- nickphonics18Answered on July 08, 2015 at 06:18 PM
According to the google captcha website there is a way of adding a 'fallback' feature to the script. Can this be done on my widget?
text from google...
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on July 08, 2015 at 07:50 PM
We'll address that to our developers for a consideration. We can't guarantee you with anything but we'll surely let you know via this thread once there's an update available.
- nickphonics18Answered on July 12, 2015 at 04:07 PM
ok thanks. Look forward to their response
- nickphonics18Answered on July 15, 2015 at 05:41 PM
Any update on this? Thanks :)
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on July 15, 2015 at 06:51 PM
There hasn't been any update on this matter, unfortunately there is no estimated time-frame for this.
- nickphonics18Answered on July 20, 2015 at 08:37 AM
any luck adding the google fallback to the widget? im looking at getting my website live shortly
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on July 20, 2015 at 10:26 AM
I apologized but we don't have any updates yet regarding this ticket. The ticket is still opened and it is under important priority.
We will notify you immediately once an update is available. Thank you for your patience.
- nickphonics18Answered on August 05, 2015 at 04:19 PM
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on August 05, 2015 at 05:23 PM
There is no updates on this matter yet. You will be notified via this thread there is one. Thank you for your patience.
- nickAnswered on September 16, 2015 at 02:44 AM
Please can I have in update?
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on September 16, 2015 at 04:11 AM
There is no updates yet regarding this matter. Our development team is working on this but there is no estimated time-frame. You'll be updated on this thread once the issue is fixed.
Thank you for your patience.
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on August 11, 2016 at 05:43 AM
We added the fallback to Google reCaptcha. It should launch if the browser does not support current default functionality.
Please check it out.
Sorry for the late update.
- nickAnswered on August 11, 2016 at 05:54 AM
thank you ill give it a try