- emclanekinsethcomAsked on July 06, 2015 at 04:04 PM
In a couple of reports I am currently working on, I am getting to a certain point in the creating and the save report button becomes unusable. I am unable to continue building a report as I cannot save anything past this point. Please assist.
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on July 06, 2015 at 05:19 PM
Thank you for chatting with me today and creating this thread.
It seems that the report is not being saved if Text Area or Text Box fields (they are non-chartable at this point) are added as charts.
A bug report ticket has been forwarded to our Development Team for consideration.
In the meantime, please remove Text Area / Text Box questions from affected visual report(s).
We will update this thread when we have any news on this.
- emclanekinsethcomAnswered on July 06, 2015 at 05:58 PMThe question that were getting stuck on is a multiple choice question not a
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on July 06, 2015 at 06:06 PM
I have just tried to edit your report, and I was able to add Matrix and Radio Button fields based charts.
Please check this on your side.
- emclanekinsethcomAnswered on July 07, 2015 at 09:58 AMThe question that is locking it up is How professional was our sales staff
with planning your event Please fix it. Weve switched to your company over
another and dont want to have to leave over this.
- CharlieAnswered on July 07, 2015 at 10:39 AM
I cloned your form for testing purposes, I then tried creating a visual report using that specific question. It seems like it is using the rating scale form field.
I was able to create a line graph and a pie chart on it, I was able to save the report. Have you tried clearing your form's cache and try logging out and logging back in? You can also check this guide for the Visual report builder: http://www.jotform.com/help/187-How-to-Create-a-Visual-Report-with-your-Form-Submissions.
Another alternative, you could also try integrating Google Spreadsheet, you can then create a separate sheet on it and then create basic to advance graphs using the real time data submissions.
Let us know if this works.
- emclanekinsethcomAnswered on July 07, 2015 at 11:33 AMIm sorry sir, but this report already takes us a very long time to create
since we have to create every question individually and change ALL the
colors individually. Starting over isnt an option. We have about 20 of
these reports (and there conveniently isnt a duplicate report tool) to make
for different surveys so you need to tell us why its coming up with this
error. Its doing the EXACT same thing on another form that we cloned from
this one so youre example is pretty much moot. We logged out overnight and
its still doinging the same. Weve tried different computers, different
Please figure out how to fix this, it has to be on your end not ours. Weve
done all we can do.
- CharlieAnswered on July 07, 2015 at 12:09 PM
Apologies for the inconvenience.
To confirm, when you are adding a new chart, example for the question "How professional was our sales staff with planning your event", the report doesn't proceed on saving, is that correct? Does this happen to other questions or just that specific one? I tried a different question but it didn't manifested on it.
I've tested it in your report and I was able to replicate that problem.
I see that my colleague already forwarded a report ticket on the issue that he has found, I will add this as the main problem. Our developers will have it check and we should hear from them if the problem has been fixed.
Apologies for the inconvenience.
- emclanekinsethcomAnswered on July 07, 2015 at 12:13 PMThank you.
- emclanekinsethcomAnswered on July 21, 2015 at 10:44 AMAm I going to hear back on this? Its been 2 weeks since you agreed with me
that there is a problem. Im a paying customer and this is not something we
can wait on. This will make or break our further use of your product.
- CharlieAnswered on July 21, 2015 at 11:51 AM
I've checked the status of this report. Unfortunately, it seems like it has not been resolved yet. But someone in the development team is already assigned to it and has marked the ticket as "Important".
I'll notify the developer again about this, but I'm unable to give an expected date as this is handled by a different team. We'll update you as soon as we hear any news. Apologies for the inconvenience.