- Kim BonnerAsked on July 07, 2015 at 04:35 PM
I am trying to create some scholarship application forms and grant application forms using JotForm. In many cases, the applicant will need to save the application and return to it at a later date with additional details to complete it.
What is the best way for each applicant to save the form and return to it later?
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on July 07, 2015 at 05:18 PM
Thank you for contacting us.
We have the following 'save and continue later' options available:
1. An Autofill option that saves the data locally in user's browser storage. It means that the form user will need to use the same browser to see their saved data.
You can configure the Autofill option to store the data for up to 4 weeks.
2. A session based save and continue later method. It saves the data on our servers in a session format, so the session can be accessed from any place. This method requires two forms.
Sessions older than 3 months might be cleared from our servers.
3. A form Submission Edit link. The form users can use it in order to edit submitted entries, so this is more like submit and edit later than save and continue later.
Submission can be edited at any time, unless it is deleted from the system.
Note, the 1st and the 2nd methods are not compatible between each other. You can use only one of them on a particular form.
Please feel free to contact us if you need any further assistance.