- culturalvistasAsked on July 10, 2015 at 12:53 PMIs there an "Allow Other" option for the Drop Down Field, similar to the one provided for Check Box Field? If not, is there a widget that allows this?
- CharlieAnswered on July 10, 2015 at 02:26 PM
I can think of two ways on how you can add an "other" option in your "Drop down" field.
First, you can try setting up a "Text box" where user will enter data when the option "Allow Other" is selected in the "Drop down field. Here's a quick step by step:
1. Add a text box where the user can input when the option selected in the "Drop down" is "Others".
2. We'll then use conditional logic to hide and show that field.
3. Here's the conditional logic that I set up.
Here's a test form that you can check: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/51905717558969.
Another one that you can use is the "User Contributed Dropdown" widget, user's can add an option that is not in the drop down list.
Do let us know if this helps.