- pamelarosaAsked on September 12, 2010 at 10:12 AM
I would like to customize the error message displaying when ones omits filling a _REQUIRED_ field.
It shows "This field is required".
I would just like to change this message to my own customized one.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on September 14, 2010 at 03:36 AM
To accomplish that you must use the complete form source code on your web site.
On the Form Builder:
1. Open "Setup & Share" tab on toolbar,
2. Click on "Share Form"
3. Click on "Advanced Options"
4. Click on "Download Zip".
Use this form code and all files in your site. The js/jotform.js file has a section like this:
pleaseWait: 'Please wait...',
confirmClearForm: 'Are you sure you want to clear the form',
lessThan: 'Your score should be less than',
incompleteFields: 'There are incomplete required fields. Please complete them.',
required: 'This field is required.',
email: 'Enter a valid e-mail address',
alphabetic: 'This field can only contain letters',
numeric: 'This field can only contain numeric values',
alphanumeric: 'This field can only contain letters and numbers.',
uploadExtensions: 'You can only upload following files:',
uploadFilesize: 'File size cannot be bigger than:'
You can change it from there.
If you see a spelling/grammer error or if you have a suggestion please let us know. We might have missed something so we'd be happy to fix it for all users.
- pamelarosaAnswered on September 17, 2010 at 01:27 AM
You are very helpful and talent-gifted.
It works well.
But to be honest with you, I need something a bit more straight.
I mean,isnt it possible to edit it online and make the modification of that files(personal copies of that files) straight in my jotform "space" or "account" if anything like that exists :) ?
It would be great.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on September 17, 2010 at 01:56 AM
Thanks for your suggestion. We will look into how we can add that.
- laurentideseconomiqueAnswered on October 22, 2010 at 08:54 AM
Sorry I'm a little confused... where should the changes be uploaded too?
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on October 22, 2010 at 08:56 AM
When you use the "Download Zip" option. You get all files. You can edit those files and you should upload all of the files to your site.
- laurentideseconomiqueAnswered on October 22, 2010 at 10:44 AM
Should the files be uploaded at the root or a specific folder... I created a "jotform" file on the server and uploaded the files and the changes don't seem to appear.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on October 24, 2010 at 01:00 AM
Can you post the URL of the form you uploaded to your site? You must upload all files to your site and you must use the form provided there.
- laurentideseconomiqueAnswered on October 25, 2010 at 08:34 AM
Here it is http://www.laurentidesreleve.ca/activites/61-formation-cedants
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on October 25, 2010 at 10:21 AM
- gert74Answered on March 14, 2011 at 05:12 PM
Is there any progress in the more straight forward solution to edit error messages?
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on March 18, 2011 at 04:59 AM
No, there is no short solution to edit error messages.