- karenb25Asked on July 15, 2015 at 08:37 AMI have a field on my form which is to identify if a company is a member or not of our organisation, I added it so it would not be seen when opened by our customers. I wanted to update this field after the customer had submitted their registration. Is it possible to view this field on the submission page and also to update this information there once a booking has been received (without another notification going to the delegate) so I only have to input the information once and this detail along with the booking can be exported to excel.
In FormCentral you were able to manipulate the data, make changes when viewing the responses and add additional fields for office use only that could be inputted and colour coded etc, which I found extremely useful.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Meeting & Event Manager
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on July 15, 2015 at 08:47 AM
As I understand, you want to edit the submissions right? Please follow the steps below on how to edit submissions.
1. Select the Form and then click the "Submisisons" button.
2. At the right side, click the "Edit" button of the current submission showing.
3. You will need to click the "Submit" button on the form for the changes to be saved.
Hope this helps. Let us know if you need further help. Thank you.
- karenb25Answered on July 15, 2015 at 08:52 AM
Thank you for coming back to me. However, that gives me a new blank form rather than being able to edit and existing already submitted form and I can not access the field I have hidden within that area.
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on July 15, 2015 at 09:22 AM
Actually, you should be able to edit the submissions with the existing data on it. I tested it on my account and I was able to replicate your issue. It seems that when you hit the "Edit" button, the data will be disappear and it will show as a blank form.
I will forward this issue to our developers so that they can investigate it. We will notify you via this thread once an update is available.
Thank you for understanding.
- karenb25Answered on July 15, 2015 at 09:44 AMThank you. I look forward to hearing from you.
- JotForm DevelopercerenAnswered on July 15, 2015 at 10:54 AM
We're sorry for the inconveniences. I've checked your account and it seems edit submission issue is fixed now.
Could you please try it again and let us know if the problem still persists?
- karenb25Answered on July 15, 2015 at 11:04 AMThank you for coming back to me.
The edit submission now appears to be working. Thank you for sorting this out for me, much appreciated.