Wrong "Current Date" in Date Picker on Embedded Form

  • Profile Image
    Asked on July 15, 2015 at 10:03 PM

    Hi Jotform Team, 


    today we noticed a very strange thing. We use Jotform since lots of years and our forms have been created in your platform, but integrated using 'full source' method.

    Today we noticed something different: our forms work perfectly since many months and have been tested by us and no more touched by us since I think many months in the code in html page. Suddenly today we noticed the date picker is not showing any more current date, but a date of last year. 

    You can see this in the form linked here, with the italian label "Data di Compilazione" (it's the first field with date picker). We would like users to see as default current date, it's very important for us. I remind you we did not touch html pages or the source code, everything was working fine, but suddenly change, we don't know why.

    Can you help us or suggest us what could have caused this error? We also noticed date picker is a bit different, is it maybe something with you working on it on your platform?

    Please reply me at francesco.delloro@siti-city.com, I'm the person administrating the account for my client.

    Thanks for support and great service,

    Francesco Dell'Oro

  • Profile Image
    Answered on July 16, 2015 at 02:16 AM

    Hello Francesco,

    I checked your form through the link you provided - and indeed the current date is incorrect: 

    When you view the form directly, the date is accurate


    It might have something to do with how the form is embedded. 

    I'm not curently sure what is causing that, but I have sent a note to our developers who will advice on this thread. 


  • Profile Image
    Answered on July 16, 2015 at 05:56 AM

    Ok, that's fine. I was asking you that because we have more than 30 forms integrated, and it would be hard to check them manually.


    I was surprised because they worked perfectly, and anything was done on them (html pages), so they apparently changed with no reason...let me know if you have some news about this. Thanks

  • Profile Image
    Answered on July 16, 2015 at 07:15 AM

    Will do. 

    Thank you for your patience. 


  • Profile Image
    Answered on July 16, 2015 at 02:56 PM

    You have embedded the form in your page using the full source code. And the jquery libraries in there might be causing this conflict. Please remove the code use the IFRAME method instead.

    Let us know should the issue continue.

  • Profile Image
    Answered on July 17, 2015 at 08:11 PM

    Hi Jotform,

    yes, we embed source code because we made changes to forms adding new functionality for coupon check. I tried embedding again my forms and I see now they work ok, but we took off our parts developed by us, and forms still present the same issue.

    For this reason I suppose maybe this happens because you made changes to the current date feature along time, and our source code for Jotform is "old"?

    We are interested in looking for a solution because embedding again our source code would be a long process, since you can see in our panel we have tons of forms...

  • Profile Image
    Answered on July 18, 2015 at 03:23 AM


    Sorry about this - but this is the downside of source code embedding - any updates made on our end will not reflect on your end, and constant maintenance is sometimes required. 

    However, lets add a line of code that will call the correct function that will update the current date. 

    We will start with this page. This may require a little web development  - if you have any questions, please ask: 


    Open the source code on a text editor - go to the <head> section of your page, and find the JotForm.init (function())  around line 12 and insert the following line of code: 

    JotForm.formatDate({date:(new Date()), dateField:$("id_"+33)});

    It should be as follows: 

    That should fetch the correct function which will update your Date field. 

    Since that is a single line of code, it should be relatively easier to implement on all your pages. 

    Make sure to change the +33 on the line of code to correspond to the id attribute of your date field - for instance, if the <li> wrapper for your date field is id="id_23", use +23, such that: 

    JotForm.formatDate({date:(new Date()), dateField:$("id_"+23)});

    Here is your page with the modifications: - https://shots.jotform.com/titus/testsites/form_lb_wp_a_it_landing.html


    My suggestion above is a quick fix - and may present some problems on your pages (though I do not expect or think that it will).

    The best approach would be to get the full source code of your forms once again and program in the extra functionality you needed - please talk with your developers and plan to scale this in at some point in the near future to avoid programming bugs.  

    Please let us know if you need clarification or any assistance with this.