- blgabernAsked on July 15, 2015 at 11:50 PM
I encrypted a form to protect name information; however, I then discovered through testing the form that I cannot download a pdf of the completed form if it is encrypted. I have to save paper copies of the forms for reports I must have for auditors. Is there a way to unencrypt the form? I tried, but when I go back into it, it says it is encrypted again.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on July 16, 2015 at 04:01 AM
Thanks for contacting us.
I tried this on my end and I was able to duplicate the issue. I tried downloading the PDF of the submission using the Get PDF button and it showed an error.
I also tried the download as PDF button, I have downloaded the PDF however it is still encrypted.
I will escalate this issue to our development team for them to further check. We will get back to you on this thread any updates on this issue.
- Chief Technology OfficereeeAnswered on July 16, 2015 at 04:43 PM
When you got a submission in Encryption mode on, we can't decrypt your submissions on our servers. It's only available to your view with your private key.
PDF option is not available with encrypted forms, even you disable the encryption option later.
You may still use Print button to get your paper copy,
Thank you for using the encryption feature,
- fitmgrAnswered on June 08, 2016 at 06:19 PM
If we save our pdf data (form submissions) on google drive will the submitted form
still be encrypted? and if so, can we open it and view it outside of jotforms?
- victorAnswered on June 08, 2016 at 08:39 PM
Sorry but encrypted forms where only meant to be view and not exported as our guide indicates
Some of the features that are not available for Encrypted Forms* are:
1. PDF Downloads,
2. Reports (this includes downloading Excel and CSV files from within Submission Panel),
3. Emails that contain form data in them.
* All server side gathered and processed data can only be retrieved in encrypted form because your private key is never sent to our servers.
I have also reviewed our records and there is currently a new feature request opened so you can export encrypted submission to excel. Since our team is real busy with other tickets, new feature request take a while to be implemented.
I will re-open the ticket so our team can review it and hopefully they can implement the feature in the near future.