- MADFITNESSTRAININGAsked on July 16, 2015 at 08:53 AM
How do I rename the tab. Right now it says "Form" instead of a specific title. Also, how do I change the Favicon?
- BenAnswered on July 16, 2015 at 11:32 AM
Unfortunately, favicon is not something that you can change, but the form's tab / window title you can.
To do that, you will need to open the Preference window, by clicking on Preferences button in the toolbar:
Then on the first screen you will see the option to change the title and the Page Title, the last is the one that we are after:
Once you change it it will show differently in the tab / window - as well as in the task bar / applications bar of your system.
Do let us know if you have any issues setting it all up or if you have any questions along the way.
- grade4pagasaAnswered on July 16, 2015 at 02:11 PM
i was experimenting based on your scenario.
i noticed that you're using the direct link of your form (https://secure.jotformpro.com/MADFITNESSTRAINING/Basic_Membership_Payment).
here's the alternative way on how i achieved the desired result by using the Embed script:
* this will only work if you have an existing website
1. upload your company logo to your website server (".ico" format)
2. get the direct link of the logo (www.yourwebsite.com/images/logo.ico)
3. copy & paste the embed form script to your website (fig. 1).
4. insert the FAVICON SCRIPT to your header section (to ALL of your pages)
< link rel="shortcut icon" type="image/x-icon" target="_blank" href="www.yourwebsite.com/images/logo.ico" >
5. save & publish. then Refresh & check the new favicon on your site (fig. 2).
and when you try to save your site as a bookmark / favorite on your browser, it will also save your favicon (fig. 3).
hope this helps.
after posting my suggestion, i did a search on the topic favicon in the forum and found this very helpful thread.
i used Weebly to create a demo.
you can see the last tab (orange circle) the original favicon - by default, it's "W" from Weebly.
after inserting the favicon script on the header section, you can now see the new "M" favicon (red circle).
here's the demo page.
- BenAnswered on July 16, 2015 at 03:31 PM
You are right @grade4pagasa and I had made the replies offering the same/similar suggestions on the thread that you have mentioned, unfortunately it seems that not all people were able to do this.
I would suggest this solution as well, but as not many people were able to achieve the same, I presume that it might be related to the server that one uses and how it is set up, so @MADFITNESSTRAINING do try it out and let us know if it works for you as well.
I would just like to point out that the DNS option should work as well, but not if you are using secure URL as with secure codes, it does not allow the DNS URLs trick, so for the secure URL, the steps above are the best ones to take so that the embedded form is showing the icon.
- MADFITNESSTRAININGAnswered on July 16, 2015 at 05:56 PM
I appreciate the replies! I actually specifically switched from an embedded code to a web link due to lack of SSL on the MAD FITNESS TRAINING website itself. Safer to have it become an external link vs. embedded in the site without SSL on the site, even if the form is secure. (from what I understand)
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on July 16, 2015 at 10:20 PM
On behalf of my colleague, Ben, and grade4pagasa, you are welcome. Changing the favicon in your form is currently not possible unless you embedded it to your website. Do you want this feature to be added in JotForm? If so, we can escalate a ticket for this feature request for you. I just need your confirmation.
We will wait for your response.
- MADFITNESSTRAININGAnswered on July 16, 2015 at 10:21 PM
Yes! This would be a great feature to have!
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on July 17, 2015 at 12:26 AM
Thanks for confirming. I will escalate this feature request to our development team. We will inform you on this thread any updates on this request.
Do let us know if you need further assistance.