- CragBusinessGroupAsked on July 16, 2015 at 07:08 PM
I have done this before multiple times. This time I cloned a form that worked before and it is not working now. I tried a new form and went through PayPal wizard, still having problems.
1) Discount Code is not applied
2) I have special pricing for 1-4 units set up. I clicked the show pricing button. No pricing shows up and
Need assistance before I lose clients. This for a course in the near future.
- CharlieAnswered on July 17, 2015 at 12:06 AM
I've checked your website that you shared and tried using the coupon codes on it.
This is how it looks like in my end:
Could you provide us more details on how to replicate the problem? Is it happening when the form is embedded on your website? Or are you referring to the discounts not showing correctly in the Payment gateway page?
We'll wait for your response.
- CragBusinessGroupAnswered on July 17, 2015 at 11:30 AM
The problem exists when the client goes on my website and clicks a link to a page with the html jot form
My web page is http://www.cragconsulting.org/courseschedule.html
- CragBusinessGroupAnswered on July 17, 2015 at 11:34 AM
What browser are you using? I just tried it on IE10 and am still having problems, on IE9 it worked
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on July 17, 2015 at 12:40 PM
Try replacing your embed code with the iFrame code:
This usually allows for your form to work the same across all browsers. Occasionally, a script or some CSS already in your page can cause a conflict with something running in the form. Using the iFrame will insulate your form from the rest of your page.
If this still does not allow for your embedded form to work properly in IE, let us know and we will be happy to have another look.