- TanenbaumCHATAsked on July 16, 2015 at 08:24 PM
Here is my question - I want my clients to go back and edit the form and thus have created a URL that will allow them to do that. I am telling them that it is a safe and confidential link while it is generating the same link to all...the URL+?=session ending with their email account. If someone knows someone else's email account, they can access their application.
Can you please explain that?
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on July 17, 2015 at 02:03 AM
Thanks for contacting us.
The Save and Continue Later feature of JotForm saves the data of the user in session based on the value set on session parameter (i.e. URL?session=email) so user can access it again. If you want to have a unique link that will not be easily known by other people then you can generate a unique code for the session value instead of using the email of the user. Like for example, www.jotform.com/form/1234567890?session=21u21wjx6g6. If you setup your form following this guide - How to Save Forms to Continue Later, you can set this up in the first form by using Unique ID and/or Random Value Generator. If you can provide to us the link or name of the form you use for the Save and Continue Later so can assist you in setting this up.
Do let us know if you need further assistance.
- TanenbaumCHATAnswered on July 17, 2015 at 07:24 AMThe link you sent me is broken.
Sent from Avital's ipad
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on July 17, 2015 at 08:37 AM
It's ok when I click on the link. But to be sure, here is the URL - http://www.jotform.com/help/97-How-to-Save-Forms-to-Continue-Later.
- TanenbaumCHATAnswered on July 18, 2015 at 11:19 AMThat's not the broken link - the example link is broken.
- ShadaeAnswered on July 18, 2015 at 04:55 PM
The example link that has been provided by my colleague, is not a live link, he was providing an example of how the link would appear if you use the method provided.
Please inform us if you need further assistance.