- Mike DrennanAsked on December 07, 2011 at 02:24 AM
Is data transfer to a MYSQL database secured via SSL?
This is a re-post of a comment on Enabling Security Certificate Seal on Secure Forms
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on December 07, 2011 at 02:25 AM
Yes, our servers are in a private network and firewalled from outside.
- mrdrennanAnswered on December 07, 2011 at 01:50 PM
Do you mean that you actually host the mySQL database? I was actually referring to my own mySQL database on my own webserver. I require HIPAA compliant medical data acquisition for my business.
- fxrAnswered on December 07, 2011 at 05:06 PM
The only way to get your own MySql database updated by actual submittal of the form itself is with a Custom Thankyou page that contains php code to update your database.
Since, this Thankyou page/php script is going to be hosted outside of JotForm, it itself would need to be on a webserver secured with SSL.
Hope that helps.
- khrisellAnswered on July 04, 2013 at 11:34 PMGreetings!We are happy to announce that we have released Jotform Webhooks, this feature would replace Send Post Data + Custom URL Thank You Page workaround in order to help you transfer forms data to your own database using your own script codes.
To know more about Jotform Webhooks, please click here.
Thank you for using JotForm. :)