- Alissa DentAsked on July 22, 2015 at 04:48 PM
Forms not coming up on website. saying suspended. please help asap.Page URL:
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on July 22, 2015 at 05:57 PM
The account is suspended because of the forms that are used to capture a credit card details. We do not allow forms that would collect these types of information in the form. We know the forms are not used for Phishing and the business requires it to do so, but we keep our terms and we really don't allow it.
The forms may have been used for a year and if we still allow it, our system will be at risk. Authorization is recommended for your business so you'll be using services like Paypal for this. Here's how:
Lastly, I have reactivated the account, but the form status is currently disabled. Please edit the forms and use our payment integration then you can enable it later.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on July 22, 2015 at 06:17 PM
I'm sorry, I thought the user in the given thread is part of your company. The thread is private so there's no way you can see it.
By the way, you can read our terms here: http://www.jotform.com/terms/.
- sea2shoretravelAnswered on July 22, 2015 at 06:44 PMPlease help me. I have been trying to figure this out and can't. My clients need to fill out this form. I don't make charges. My suppliers do. I just autorize.
Alissa Dent - CTA, ACC
Sea2Shore Travel Agency
No Fees, Low Deposits, Payment Plans, Price Match
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on July 22, 2015 at 11:11 PM
As an alternate solution, you should integrate the form with any of our payment integrations and enable the "Authorization only" feature and capture payment at a later time when needed.
Here is a guide with more details about it: