What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
PayPal Payments Not CompletingAsked by sarasjcc on July 22, 2015 at 07:47 PM
We have a donation form for our organization. Someone filled out the form and set a donation amount, but never gave any credit card info in PayPal. In the submission in JotForm, it looks as if the entire transaction was completed, but there's no record of it in PayPal. Did I set something up wrong on the form integration? Or is something else going on?
Upon checking your form here: http://sjcc.org/donate-to-the-j/make-a-donation/. It seems like you have not yet setup a payment integration on it?
Here's a guide on how to do it: http://www.jotform.com/help/165-Setting-Up-Your-First-Order-Form
To learn more about the payment integration that we have, you can check this guide: http://www.jotform.com/help/323-Mastering-Payment-Form-Integrations-with-JotForm.
In your case, because you have a set of donation amount and also have a custom amount. You'll need to do it in a different way. I've cloned your form for testing and demo purposes:
1. First, assign a calculation value to your selections in the radio button field. You can do that by following this guide: http://www.jotform.com/help/301-How-to-Assign-Calculation-Value. Here click the "Properties".
2. In the Properties, add the values on the "Calculation Value" options.
3. After that, we want to fetch the values on the selected radio button, I assume you want to pass it in the form calculation widget that you are using. Click the wizard icon.
4. Here, click the "Add Field" button and choose the Radio button field (where the donations are).
5. After that, we will pass the total value to the payment integration. Here's a guide on that: http://www.jotform.com/help/275-How-to-pass-a-calculation-to-a-payment-field.
I hope that helps.
Charlie, thank you so much for walking me through that! I could have sworn I set it up, but clearly didn't do it correctly. That guide helped and I believe I've got it all set up now. Thanks again!
Great. Glad to see that the issue is now resolved for you now with the help of our colleague. Please do not hesitate to get back to us if you need any further assistance. We will be happy to help.
Thank you for using JotForm!