- Trainer67Asked on July 23, 2015 at 12:31 PM
Is there step by step instructions with how to use the key to view the content of a spreadsheet... I don't know much about this stuff. Thanks.
This is a re-post of a comment on Introducing Encrypted Forms: The Ultimate in Online Form Security
- CharlieAnswered on July 23, 2015 at 02:43 PM
The Encrypted Form is still a new feature and our developers are continuously working on it.
I believe this is how it works.
1. You can set your form to be encrypted in the Preferences.
2. When you first create an encrypted form, it will give you the Encrypt form wizard. You will need to download the only key to decrypt the submissions of your forms.
3. Now when users fill out your form, it will be decypted.
4. You will then received an email with the form response as encrypted.
5. Now when you first time view the response on a browser, you will see this message. The previously downloaded key will need to be uploaded to decrypt the submission.
6. Now if you view it in your submissions page, you will also be prompted to use the key.
Please do take note the limitations of the encrypted forms, as mentioned in this blog post.
I've quoted it here:
• Notifications will only alert the user that a submission was received- they won’t include the content of the response. (That’s the whole point! The info isn’t legible from our servers.)
• Users must log into JotForm and also need to enter their private key in order to view their form responses,
• If you lose the private encryption key, your data is gone. We can’t reset it in a such a way as to recover previously encrypted responses.
• Some of the features are not available: PDF Downloads, Reports, Emails that contain form data in them.
I hope this helps.