- csa1741Asked on July 25, 2015 at 06:30 PM
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on July 25, 2015 at 10:47 PM
When you logging to your account, click on the human shape icon:
Bellow you see how many SSL submission you have received. If you want to receive SSL submission, please check this guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/63-How-can-I-receive-SSL-Submissions
Or if you do not want to receive SSL, simply make sure the Secure Form option is not checked.
I see your account is currently over the limit on SSL, I have reset the counter only for this time. Let us know if you need more help.
- csa1741Answered on July 25, 2015 at 10:49 PMThank you for your email.
My configuration is set up for non-secure, yet, we're getting SSL submissions. Please advise.
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on July 26, 2015 at 10:04 AM
Is this form embedded on a webpage? If yes, then please share the URL or link of the webpage.
It is possible that you are still using https or https://secure when you embedded this form. You need to re-embed the form and make sure that you are not using https.
Again, the URL shouldn't be using https. If you checked or unchecked the "Secure Form" checbox, you need to re-embed the form or share the URL.
Please check this guide again: http://www.jotform.com/help/63-How-can-I-receive-SSL-Submissions
Hope this helps. Thank you.
- csa1741Answered on July 26, 2015 at 10:09 AMIt is on this page: http://iadeaf.org/testing-membership.
I do not believe it is secure. Please advise.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on July 26, 2015 at 11:16 AM
I just did a test submission from URL you shared, where you form is embedded, and it did not come SSL, so you can continue using your regular monthly submissions. Let us know if you need more help.