- arthurshurnAsked on July 28, 2015 at 02:01 PM
I'm using Mail Chip to send out invoices to persons who owe a balance.
Is there a way I can pass that amount to the PayPal gateway from Mail Chimp when they his the submit button.
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on July 28, 2015 at 03:34 PM
Could you let us know from where the invoices being sent? Is that a JotForm too? Or do you mean to say that the form is already integrated with MailChimp?
The calculated field on the form can be passed to PayPal by using Custom Amount Payments in the Payment wizard.
I see that this method is already being used on the JotForm titled "Original Art for the Love of Alpha Order Form".
Please provide us with more information along with the form URLs so that we can assist you further.
- arthurshurnAnswered on July 28, 2015 at 09:02 PM
The Invoices are being sent from MailChimp I merge in the amount into the memo and later I have in the memo click here tp make your payment and that invokes a Jotform with a paypal gateway.
It would look like this.
Dear John thank you for your order.
Please pay your balance of (Merge-Amount).
Click Here to Pay Now. https://secure.jotformpro.com/form/52087938101960
I want the Merge-Amount to get passed to the form
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on July 28, 2015 at 11:48 PM
I've not tried sending a campaign using MailChimp yet. However, I think this is possible if you can get the Merge Amount field from the list by using Merge Tags as mentioned in the guide from MailChimp below :
Now, from JotForm's end you can auto-fill the Merge Amount field to PayPal by following the process below :
1. Add a Form Calculation field to your JotForm.
2. Now, choose this calculation field in the Payment wizard so that the value from this field passed to PayPal.
3. Since you want the Payable Amount to be auto-filled from the URL, you may change the URL in your template from MailChimp as below :
Where *|AMOUNT|* is the merge tag of the respective field from the list. You may need to contact MailChimp support for any help regarding with merge tags.
NOTE : Since I used Payable Amount as the name for calculation field, the field name is generated as payableAmount. Please check this guide to get the correct field name for the calculation field on your JotForm.
When the email is sent, the URL should be converted with the amount having in the field from the list as below.
Since the calculation field (payableAmount) is already passed to Payment field, the amount should be forwarded to PayPal automatically.
Hope this information helps. Let us know if you need any further assistance. We will be happy to help.
- arthurshurnAnswered on July 29, 2015 at 06:15 PM
This worked perfectly. Thanks for your usually excellent support.
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on July 29, 2015 at 10:11 PM
Great!! We are glad that the provided solution worked perfect for you. Please do not hesitate to get back to us if you need any further assistance. We will be happy to help.
Thank you for using JotForm!!