- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on July 31, 2015 at 07:44 PM
SSL Form - It is when you use URLs starting with https protocol. So with Jotform, SSL Forms starts like this https://secure. SSL creates a secure connection between a client and a server, over which any amount of data can be sent securely. So when you submit the form, the data will be transmitted securely to the Jotform server with JotForm's reliable 256 bit High-grade SSL encryption.
Example with SSL. This means the browser has established a secure connection with the secure form.
If you have further questions, do let us know.
- jotitzAnswered on August 01, 2015 at 09:25 PM
1. Can Google Sheets see data from a SSL (secure) form?
2. Can Google Sheets see data from a encrypted form?
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on August 01, 2015 at 09:38 PM
1. Yes, Google Spreadsheet and SSL secure form is fine. The data will retain as it is when submitted to the spreadsheet.
2. Nope, we don't recommend Google Spreadsheet and Encrypted Form. Spreadsheet will receive the encrypted data which you can't decrypt over there like I've said on your other thread.
- jotitzAnswered on August 02, 2015 at 03:19 PM
Is data secure on your servers if personal information is entered via only SSL?
Does anyone have access to this information?
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on August 02, 2015 at 05:45 PM
Using SSL will encrypt the communication transport channel between between the server and the client.
Example, the submission email transport.
BUT the data/information itself are not encrypted in the server or on the client side. If someone was able to access your jotform account, they can view the existing submission data of the form.
Using Encrypted Form will encrypt the data/information itself on the server. Even if someone was able determine your login account, they will still not be able to view the data/information in the server because they will be encrypted and will require the private key to view the data.
Hope this help. Let us know if you have further inquiry on this.