- NGHSAsked on August 03, 2015 at 05:15 PM
Can I use conditional logic to control what fields are shown on the email notification? I have a form that will have several fields empty at any given time. I would rather not show the label for those fields with empty data. Thanks!
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on August 03, 2015 at 06:58 PM
If you do not want to show empty field in your notifications, simply enable that option:
1) Go to the edit mode of your form
2) Click on Preferences
3) Click on Advance Settings
4) Enable the Hide Empty Fields on Emails option
If you have another question, please open a new thread we will be glad to assist you.
- NGHSAnswered on August 04, 2015 at 10:02 AM
This is great to know about! It says that this feature only works with the default email notifier. Can you offer suggestions to use this feature with my custom notifications? Thanks!
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on August 04, 2015 at 11:16 AM
Unfortunately, this can not be done on custom notifications, I will submit a request to our second level to have this option, but there is no guarantee it will be approved, and if gets approved, there is no estimated time-frame for it's implementation.
I would recommend you to required all fields in order to avoid empty fields in your custom notification.
If you have another question, please open a new thread, we will be glad to assist you.
- NGHSAnswered on August 04, 2015 at 11:21 AM
Thanks for sending on! I can't require the fields. I basically have three subscription options (called "Payment Schedules") in the form. Each option has its own set of unique fields. If they choose one subscription option, there will be two hidden sets of fields for the other non-selected options that cannot be required (because they'll never been seen, used or even needed).
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on August 04, 2015 at 12:50 PM
Understood, I have already submitted the request to our second level. You will be notified whenever there is an update on this matter via this tread.