- ChadAsked on August 07, 2015 at 10:54 AM
I need to input a date field on our forms that calculates 20 business days out. For example: Today is Aug. 07, 2015, I want to tell the client that their submittal form will be actioned 20 business days from now and display that date, which would be Sep. 04, 2015. They only way I know to do that is Java but is that something I can do on the form or even on the Thank you splash page?
- CharlieAnswered on August 07, 2015 at 12:14 PM
The date field is capable of accepting values to be calculated and be outputted on another date field. Here's an example form: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/52184407995970. You can follow the steps below.
Note: Guide has been updated
1. Add two date fields, one for the input and the other is for the output.
2. Now we will add a new text box field and name it as DateString, we will output the Start date here as text. We want to identify the day.
3. In the conditions wizards, choose "Update a form field value".
4. Here you can set the rules. In my case, when the "Start Date" is filled, I will convert the start date to a date string using the function "dateString" you can find it in the button shown below.
5. Create another condition, here, when the dateString contains either "Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fir" then add 28 days on the start date.
6. Now for the Saturday we will add 30 days, then for the Sunday we will add 29 days. Why is this? When the submission falls into a saturday, we just need to add an additional 2 days to meet "Monday", while when the submission is made on "Sunday" then add an additional 1 day to meet the next business day which is "Monday".
I hope that helps. Do let us know if you need more information on this.
- CharlieAnswered on August 07, 2015 at 12:17 PM
Oh. I missed the part that you wanted to have it on working days. Let me check if I can make a workaround for this.
- CharlieAnswered on August 07, 2015 at 01:07 PM
I just updated the post with my guide. Please visit this thread directly by viewing its link, here it is: http://www.jotform.com/answers/631715. You can check if my form works as you expected.
Let us know if you need more assistance on this.