- TreyOlerAsked on September 16, 2010 at 03:10 PM
Is there a way to send submission info of a form via http to a 3rd party URL. For example, my users will fill out a 3rd party registration form on my website in which that info will be automatically submitted to the other website and a user account created. The 3rd party website is set up to handle this, it is just a matter if jotform can be customized to send that info.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on September 16, 2010 at 03:28 PM
Yes, it is called "Send Post Data". You submit the information to the Thank You URL.
To see how it works:
1. Create a "test.php" on your site and put this code in it:
<? print_r($_POST); ?>
2. Go to "Setup & Share" -> "Thank You" -> "Custom URL" and enter http://domain.com/test.php
3. Enable the "Send Post Data"
4. Save and submit your form.
- ywammadisonAnswered on September 16, 2010 at 10:20 PM
So would this work with Vertical Response, adding email addresses from my Jotforms to my VR mailing list?
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on September 17, 2010 at 02:21 AM
I think so. You should be able to add the API code on your Thank You page.
- ywammadisonAnswered on October 22, 2010 at 06:50 PM
This question probably shows that I am still a novice...but is it possible to send my user to BOTH a custom thank you page on my website and also send post data to VR?
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on October 24, 2010 at 01:54 AM
No, you cannot have two separate Thank You pages. Make your custom Thank You page can be a PHP page and send the data to your VR from there. You will need to hire someone to write the code if you are not familiar with PHP.
- khrisellAnswered on July 04, 2013 at 07:17 PMGreetings!We are happy to announce that we have released Jotform Webhooks, this feature would replace Send Post Data + Custom URL Thank You Page workaround in order to help you transfer forms data to your own database using your own script codes.
To know more about Jotform Webhooks, please click here.
Thank you for using JotForm. :)