- creativeservicesCRFAsked on August 10, 2015 at 11:11 AM
On the submission part of the entry when I selected excel (to down load all submission result) part of the data on the excel is still encrypted, how do we get these not encrypted?
How would I share this for you to view?
Urgently need this.
- BorisAnswered on August 10, 2015 at 01:04 PM
I am sorry Wing, but as per our guide on What are Encrypted Forms and how to use them as expert, we are not able to decrypt your submissions in the Excel, CSV, or any other server-generated submission files and reports.
This is because the encryption feature was designed to fully protect your privacy and security, which means that your private key is never sent to our servers. Your submissions can currently only be decrypted directly inside your browser, when you are viewing your Submissions page, if you use your private key while viewing it.
I will quote the relevant part of our guide on known restrictions in regard to encrypted submissions:
Some of the features that are not available for Encrypted Forms* are:
1. PDF Downloads,
2. Reports (this includes downloading Excel and CSV files from within Submission Panel),
3. Emails that contain form data in them.
* All server side gathered and processed data can only be retrieved in encrypted form because your private key is never sent to our servers.
I hope this helps.
- BorisAnswered on August 10, 2015 at 01:11 PM
I have raised this to our developers as well, so we can update you through this thread when or if we come up with a solution as to how you will be able to decrypt your exported, encrypted submissions in Excel spreadsheets.
We will let you know when we have any news about this. Thank you.
- creativeservicesCRFAnswered on August 11, 2015 at 07:26 AM
Thank you for replies.
We have nearly 2000 entries and the requester needs the result in Excel - the form is encrypted so I am going through the online submission and copy/paste the entries, any suggestion for a quick process?
- BorisAnswered on August 11, 2015 at 10:05 AM
I am sorry, but we do not have any automatic ways to achieve this at the moment. It seems that you will have to copy encrypted submissions manually from within your browser.
If it helps, there is an option in Excel to split copied text from a single cell into multiple columns:
This does not copy the text for you, but it may be helpful in case you are able to copy the full submission text into a single cell - it can be used to spread data from one cell to multiple columns.
- canvastvAnswered on August 31, 2015 at 03:45 AM
- ShadaeAnswered on August 31, 2015 at 09:32 AM
We do ask that you create a new thread for your post. As such I have moved your post: http://www.jotform.com/answers/651335
Your inquiry will be addressed there shortly.