- plottAsked on August 13, 2015 at 10:41 AM
We recently deleted some rows from our google sheet. We notice upon going back in that the rows reappeared. Could you let me know what would cause this to happen? In between, we did make a change to the form - would this cause the submissions to reappear?
- SammyAnswered on August 13, 2015 at 11:56 AM
If the submissions were not deleted on Jotform's side a reintegration will cause all the data to be copied anew into the spreadsheet.
- plottAnswered on August 13, 2015 at 12:39 PM
Sammy - is that something I can do myself?
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on August 13, 2015 at 01:45 PM
If you only want to remove the submission data for those rows, deleting the fields from your form will also remove the submissions for those fields. If you delete the submission itself, all the data for that submission will be removed from the integrated sheet. Any changes to the form will update the integration, so when you made changes to the form, the data was updated and the rows were restored.
- plottAnswered on August 13, 2015 at 02:00 PMPerhaps I'm a bit slow.
If I have submissions that are created during testing, how can I delete them permanently - so they don't reappear if/when I need to update my form?
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on August 13, 2015 at 02:13 PM
If you are just trying to delete the test submissions, those can be deleted from the submission view in your account:
That will delete them permanently from your account and from the sheet.
My apologies for the confusion.
- plottAnswered on August 13, 2015 at 02:35 PMThank you!