- McCredieParkAquaticsAsked on December 21, 2011 at 07:23 PM
I have a form that allows users to upload photos. But when attempting to upload a jpg photo you get the message in the screenshot.
I have made sure that jpg, jpeg, png and giff files are enabled.
Can you fix this?
Thanks so much,
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on December 21, 2011 at 08:45 PM
Is this problem occurring at the form's own URL or is the form embedded somewhere? I tried uploading a JPG image without any problems. If you are experiencing the problem only in an embedded version of the form, please provide the URL of the page in question.
- McCredieParkAquaticsAnswered on December 21, 2011 at 10:05 PM
i'm having the problem with both embedded and the url. The form is actually in a members only area which is why I can't give you url to the embedded form because it requires a login. But as soon as I noticed the embedded form wasn't working, I tried the form's url and as I said before it to doesn't work.
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on December 21, 2011 at 10:58 PM
Is it happening on your "Photo Upload" form? It should be working now, can you please check? Thanks.
- McCredieParkAquaticsAnswered on December 22, 2011 at 12:00 AM
Thank you so much! It has been fixed!
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on December 22, 2011 at 12:02 AM
Glad to hear it. If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know. Thank you for using JotForm!