What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
How to disable the notifications to send to the user when editing the submission?Asked by AdrianeLang on August 24, 2015 at 09:06 AM
Thanks for the answer. But if I submit the data again, the person who sent it in will receive another e-mail with their feedaback which I do not want. Is there any way around that?
This is a re-post of a comment on How to Edit Submissions Made on Your Forms
Unfortunately, it will trigger the emails to send again when editing a submission, however, this is still possible by a workaround.
Here's how to setup the workaround I have in mind:
1. First, instead of using an autoresponder, we will use the notifier. Or you can also use the existing autoresponder you have, it is just my personal preference. In my case, I'll use a notifier.
2. After that, we will add another field, this will be hidden, it will be another trigger to send the notification. The name of the field is "Staff ID" in my case, it will have a default value of blank, this means the submission will be a new one that the user will be submitting.
3. We will then first get the field name of the email field.
4. After that, we will use conditional logic to send the "Email to User" notification when specific rules are meant.
5. In the conditional logic, this is how the rules are setup to trigger to send the "Email to User" notifier.
When the email field IS FILLED AND if the "Staff ID" field is EMPTY, only then the notification will be send.
6. Now when you edit the submission and FILLED OUT the "Staff ID" field, then the "Email to User" notification will not be sent.
I hope that helps.