- PaulAsked on August 25, 2015 at 08:04 AM
I have managed to do this once but cant seem to replicate. The form editing tool seems to go a little bit strange after trying to edit in HTML and then plain text.
I just want the notifications I receive to come from the senders email address rather than the generic Jotform if possible?
- JotForm UI DevelopermertAnswered on August 25, 2015 at 08:45 AM
Yes, you can do it. By changing "Reply-to Email" value to "E-mail" in notification, you can change reply-to value of incoming email.
At the end, incoming email from looks like this.
To do that:
In notification settings change the "Reply-to Email" value. It's all done.
If you want to change "Sender E-mail". HERE, you can find the detailed instructions.
If anything stays unclear, please contact us.
Have a nice day.
- pixelstudiosAnswered on August 25, 2015 at 01:45 PMI am sorry for being thick, but basically I want the form email to come in and show the email address of the person completing the form in rather than the email@example.com .
So when I click reply it goes to the address of the person filling in the form…..does that make sense and is it possible…
We will be promoting this service to customers we build Muse Websites for and need the above to happen really.
Many thanks for your help.
- CharlieAnswered on August 25, 2015 at 03:43 PM
If you want to actually see the sender's email address as the custom sender. Then that is possible, but you'll need to have a Mandrill account.
Here are the steps:
1. First, create your Mandrill account and use that to send the email notifications in that particular form. Here's the guide: http://www.jotform.com/help/236-How-to-use-Mandrill-to-Send-Emails-From-Your-Own-Email-Address
2. After that, you'll be able to see the option "From E-mail", I believe that will be the one that will show in your notifications.
3. Here's an example notification, the person who filled out the form is John Smith and filled out the email field with firstname.lastname@example.org. You'll see that using Mandrill, the "From" field is now the sender's email address.
However please take note about the issue regarding Yahoo email as mentioned in the guide link I shared above.
Should you need more information on this, please let us know.
- pixelstudiosAnswered on August 26, 2015 at 05:45 AMThank you for your help. This is fine then, I shall leave it as is for the time being.I have another question, I am trying to recreate a form layout which I died in Muse but in your system I cannot seem to replicate it. When I try to embed a small form in Muse it just comes in too large and I can’t resize or get how I want.
I there a way I can layout the form more similar to this screen grab and then embed the code? I am so keen to find a solution which I can produce contact forms for my Muse sites and I really like Jotform but need to know a little more on how I do stuff like this.
Thank you for your help in advance.
- BenAnswered on August 26, 2015 at 07:48 AM
Since we can assist with only one issue / question per thread, I have moved your post to a new thread here: http://www.jotform.com/answers/648027
In future, please open a new thread instead of replying to the old one if the subject is not the same.
We will be replying to the new thread shortly.