- chinathinksbigAsked on August 26, 2015 at 06:19 AM
Hi this is chinathinskbig, and I just recovered from a terrible trauma cause by my unsaved form.
Ten minutes ago, I was trying to preview a form that I thought was nearly finished, but found nothing pops up when I hit the preview button. Soon I found that the save button kept looping as if it's constantly loading, and that's when I sensed that something might have gone wrong.
I immediately tried to extract the code of the form so that I can recover everything by pasting the code onto a new form. Guess what I found:)
NOTHING! THE SOURCE CODE BUTTON ISN'T WORKING EITHER!
So I took my last chance, refreshed the page and hope that the form was auto-saved sometime when I was editing. The end of my story is me finding that the form was not saved at all by the system during the entire 2 hours. Thanks.
My question is how the F is this happening and what am I gonna do next time when same S happens. Thanks.
- JotForm UI DeveloperberilAnswered on August 26, 2015 at 06:25 AM
This issue seems to be with the caches. I've cleared the form caches of your account.
Please try clearing the browser cache by following the instructions provided in the guide below
Try making changes to the form to save it.
I suggest you to use autosave,
Here is how to do:
1) Right click on any blank space of your form (which does not contain fields).
2) In the context menu that shows up , click Disable Auto-save.
It is possible to review your recent changes and revert your form back to an older version.
Here is how to do this:
1) After selecting a form on My Forms page click More and then select Revision History.
2) On the left side, you will see a list of revisions for your form.
3) Browse versions and review form changes by clicking on a version on the left side.
The middle frame shows a preview of your form and the right side has a list of changes you have done on that version.
Please let us know if the issue still persists. We will be happy to look into this issue further.