What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
How to interface jotform with cloud?Asked by Bella on August 27, 2015 at 04:29 AM
I own 3 online portals that are built with wordpress and hosted in cloud and want to start surveys for which I want to use survey forms by jotform where my clients can put in their detailed feedback and requirements in provided segments, I am using Cloud hosting for my site by ESDS Software Solutions, My requirement is that i want to directly interface or connect these forms with my cloud server where data collected can eb sorted and anlyzed automatically with categories or segments provided in jotform, is that possible to connect my cloud with jotform, or is their any other automatic provision i can use? Please suggest as soon as possible. Thanks in advance.
If you want to embed your for i your web portals or website, that can be easily done by following this guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/34-Adding-a-Form-to-a-Web-Page. The form is still hosted in our end and not in your cloud.
If you want to submit the data in your cloud storage you can check the guides below:
1. If you want to submit the submission data to your cloud server via FTP, you can check this guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/177-How-to-Enable-FTP-on-Form-Submissions
2. You can also integrate the form and submit the data to your Dropbox, Google Drive or Box.net accounts. Here's a guide: https://apps.jotform.com/category/file_sharing_and_storage
3. If you have your own database, setup in MySQL platform, you can also send the data via POST using a PHP script. Here's a guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/126-How-to-send-Submissions-to-Your-MySQL-Database-Using-PHP
4. If you need to customize the function of the form, you can get your form's full source code, edit it and embed it in your web page.
5. If your requirements need to be more technical, I think you can use our API to easily fetch the submission data and use it in your own cloud application. Here's a document that you can refer: http://api.jotform.com/
If the above suggestions are not what you are looking for and you want to have a custom form builder and you want your forms to be actually hosted in your own server, then I believe you'll need to get the JotForm Basic App instead. Here's a link that you can refer to that product: http://www.interlogy.com/products/jotform/
I hope that gives you an idea on how to proceed.