- clockertAsked on August 31, 2015 at 03:34 PM
Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong? I have created the ability to have multiple edits, but I would like to notify the Requestor at each level.
I set up the Autoresponder, but it is only notifying the Requestor at the first Submit.
Any advice, please?
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on August 31, 2015 at 06:44 PM
Autoresponders will not be triggered when edits are made, only notifications will be triggered. If you setup the updates as notifiers, rather that autoresponders, they should work in the manner you are looking for.
- nysteaAnswered on August 31, 2015 at 07:15 PM
I was just searching for answers to this same issue.
If I use a Notifier email, I can't address the email to the person submitting the form (or at least I don't know how to do it). It defaults to my service email and has no drop down for form choices.
says to use an Autoresponder.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on September 01, 2015 at 02:31 AM
Just to clarify, you want to send autoresponder to multiple recipients e.g. the user who filled out the form and the other emails you want to receive a copy of the autoresponder?
If yes, you can actually create multiple notifiers and define the recipient emails you want to receive a copy of the edit links. https://www.jotform.com/help/41-Finding-out-E-mail-Address-used-for-submission-notifications. Then create one autoresponder so user will receive a copy of the autoresponder message with the edit link in it.
If you want users to enter multiple emails as the autoresponder recipient, use text box tool instead of email tool. Then set this text box as the autoresponder recipient. All emails entered on the text box should receive the autoresponder message. Take note that the maximum email recipients per notification is 10.
If I have misunderstood your question, let us know.
- clockertAnswered on September 01, 2015 at 08:40 AM
You sort of have it.
1. I want (and seemed to have figured out the rest of the emails: Notifiers to Person A (who approves $0-5K), Person B (....$5-25K), and Person C ($25-500K). That seems to be good. The handoff from Requestor to A, A to B, and B to C is good.
2. What I can't seem to accomplish is sending the requestor a notifier at each step of the process. As of right now, the requestor only gets an email at the first submission. I would like to be able to notify the requestor at each step of the approval process (a way to send the email to Requestor and Person A, or Requestor and B, Requestor and C, and eventually Requestor and A, B, C.)
I also have accomplished sending Persons A, B, and C a notifier when the final approval or denial is submitted - but I can't find a way to include the Requestor (while your answer to the above may solve that group email issue, I don't think it will solve the problem I am having in in "1." above.
I have submitted a couple of screen shots to potential solutions that I thought would work, but did not work. (The second two are the same, I was just trying to show that I had selected "If ANY of the form fields are filled, send notifier email to Requestor)
Thanks for you time and continued help. This has been an ongoing process but the support team has been great!
^ my form link ^
- CarinaAnswered on September 01, 2015 at 11:54 AM
Please try replacing the auto-responders for email notifications as they have different behaviors. You can use the email notification as an auto-responder. In the recipient email option please paste this text (it's the name of the requestor email field) as seen in the below picture:
Now update the conditions.
From my tests like this it sends a copy of the requestor email every time.
Let us know if we can assist you further.