- ffgdcAsked on August 31, 2015 at 05:50 PM
Hi Support...We'd like to create client intake forms to be available on our websites. The forms will ask for sensitive information, so we want to encrypt the form answers for client submission. The end use is for data upload to another system. Is there a technical reason that the form data can't be downloadable in a CSV or excel format for end use? A paper copy is of no use. Thanks!
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on September 01, 2015 at 01:49 AM
This is an ongoing issue and there is no updates about this yet. It is actually possible to download but the data remains encrypted on the downloaded file. Let me forward your thread to our developers so once this issue is resolve, you will receive updates via this thread. Thanks!
- Chief Technology OfficereeeAnswered on September 09, 2015 at 04:27 AM
Since we don't have your private keys on our backend servers,
we can't decrypt your submissions on Excel or CSV export.
So it is not possible to be implemented.
We're looking a solution to solve the problem on your end,
but I can't give you any time frame about it,
- TSMDaveAnswered on November 19, 2015 at 12:31 PM
Any updates on this feature? It would be really critical to our forms!!!!
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on November 19, 2015 at 01:24 PM
I'm sorry, but the ticket was cancelled. Please check our CTO's reply for the reason. If you want to have an excel or CSV file, you will have to disable the encryption in the form.
- reidelectronicsAnswered on February 18, 2016 at 12:58 PM
How about adding a notation to the Preferences in the form "Encrypting forms will negate the ability to download Excel files"
I have 40 THOUSAND submissions that I am now going to have to freaking hand copy!!!!!!!
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on February 18, 2016 at 02:02 PM
@reidelectronics. We're so sorry to hear that. But I see that you have posted a new thread for this matter. We will address your concern there.