- MasalamediaAsked on August 31, 2015 at 09:12 PM
My client is upset because we've discovered that Firefox does not display the field hints. Why???
- MasalamediaAnswered on August 31, 2015 at 09:21 PM
I'll add those field hints are also missing in the Windows realm with IE (11.0.21) and Firefox
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on September 01, 2015 at 05:28 AM
Can you try to add this custom CSS code in your form?
color: black !important;
To add/inject custom CSS code in your form, you can check the instructions provided in this guide: How to Inject Custom CSS Codes.
Do let us know if you need further assistance.
- MasalamediaAnswered on September 01, 2015 at 01:55 PM
Yes, that restores the hint text - albeit in the wrong color. I can figure out how to fix that.
The big question is why do I need to inject custom CSS into a form based on one of your templates. It should work reliably across all browsers 'out of the box.'
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on September 01, 2015 at 03:52 PM
Existing form styles might affect themed forms. Also, the form templates and themes are not exclusively created by JotForm, they can be added by anyone.
- MasalamediaAnswered on September 01, 2015 at 03:55 PM
I didn't realize the themes were not JF-approved. Is there is no vetting or quality control on them?
Perhaps a rating or user-comment system is warranted here, so developers can steer clear of themes that contain poor CSS. Those themes are bound to cause grief and frustration both for the JF customer and your tech support team, so some kind of filtering or guidance would save everyone some time and grief (and, ultimately, money).