What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Show/Hide Function Needs A Rethink - It sucks bigtimeAsked by markashton on January 01, 2012 at 04:10 PM
Things that suck with Jotforms Show/Hide:
1) The show/hide function just doesn't work properly - it's as easy to break as a glass teapot
2) You can't use a hidden field to influence a show/hide scanario which takes 80% of the value out of the edit mode
3) You can't pass a value through a url that will influence the show/hide dependency ??? Duuuhhh
4) Even using display:none in CSS to hide the field on a form .... one can't access it to change the value in edit mode becuase it can't be seen or accessed ...
5) you have to repeat yourself a thousand times creating the show/hide rules
Some others that I haven't got the time to pop down here as I've done it in the past and it just gets ignored ...
hope you will consider looking at it
Thanks for your valuable feedback. We'll strive to make the show/hide functionality suck less as we continue to improve our product in general.
Happy New Year!