- carlacrbAsked on January 02, 2012 at 05:17 AM
the latest changes made to the form was on Dec. 30
I came today to take one last look before upgrading my account to premium and somo fields disappeared
I do not understand
do not know what to do?
re-create it again? and if it happens again?
I want to spread out the form but I'm afraid to use your platform and this error happens when people respond to the formPage URL:
- carlacrbAnswered on January 02, 2012 at 08:15 AM
Like Carla said, we've lost half of our form. It simply disappeared! Last Friday it was there but today when we checked it just vanished.
In the MyForms preview pane it shows up and old version of the form and inside the editing page only shows half of the new one like we've mentioned before. Could you please help us and check out what has happened ?
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on January 02, 2012 at 06:05 PM
I noticed that you're using a very old version of Internet Explorer. That might be the cause of your problem. Sometimes, old browsers have difficulties executing scripts, and JotForm heavily relies on scripts.
If any of these scripts encounter an error, the overall performance might be compromised.
- carlacrbAnswered on January 02, 2012 at 06:41 PM
Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately your explanation doesn't fit what happened, as you'll agree if you look closer.
After creating the form, I've accessed the form several times, from different browsers including Chrome, the fields were always there. In fact I've just previewed the form in Chrome and the fields are there. But if I go to edit mode, the fields are not there.
Could you please analyse it a bit further? this is really a strong reason for us, not to buy the premium license.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on January 02, 2012 at 06:52 PM
On my end, I can see that the browser used to make this post is Internet Explorer 7. Did you, by any chance, edited the form using Internet Explorer 7?
IE is a very problematic browser for most web developers, and that is a known fact. Using an old version of it makes things even more complicated.
So far, that is the only reason I see as to why your issue occurred. Like I said, there have not been any problems with our database that could cause such a trouble. If there was, we should have seen other users reporting the same problem.
- carlacrbAnswered on January 02, 2012 at 07:14 PM
The last post, and this one I'm writing were created with Chrome.
We've edited the form using IE, and I'm aware of the IE problems. But this doesn't explain why after creating the form with IE, and editing it with Chrome, I see the fields one day, and I don't see them the next day. It surely doesn't explain the reason why I can see the fields in preview mode, but not in edit mode.
I don't know about other users, and I haven't said it's a problem with your database, but your explanation is just the easiest: You're blaming the user (me), and not looking further for another explanation.
This is really not a good user experience I'm having with your support - no feeling supported.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on January 02, 2012 at 07:52 PM
Sorry if my responses made you feel as if I am actually blaming you. In the email you sent to us, you mentioned something about database problems. Below is the exact text on the email:
I Think there's been some problem with the DB and when you did the restore something was missing
That is why I am denying the possibility of any database issue, since there haven't been reports of such kind lately. I apologize if my tone did not sound pleasant.
As for seeing different versions of the form in preview and edit modes, here's my two cents on it.
Preview mode uses the URL "form.jotform.com" to serve the form. This URL have had issues in the past when the changes made to a form are not reflected immediately.
My theory is that the form got corrupted when you used IE7 to edit it. When you previewed it in Chrome, the completed version is displayed because it was not updated since it uses "form.jotform.com". But when you edit it, what you see is the current (corrupted) version.
- carlacrbAnswered on January 03, 2012 at 08:11 AM
Hi NeilVicente. Thank you for your answer.
I'm the one that suggested that could have been some problem with the DB. It was just me guessing.
About using IE7 issue, we did not used that version of IE. We've only used IE8, Chrome and FF for editing and visualization purposes. By the way blaming IE7 for the malfunction of your service does not look very good. If you were talking about IE6 I could understand but IE7 is not that old and still represents a good share of users spread throughout the web. Besides that there's no reference in your documentation about any issue regarding cross browser support.
You have a very nice and promising product here, technically well developed, with just a few edges to polish. It's a petty that you lack the same quality of support.
- carlacrbAnswered on January 06, 2012 at 05:24 PM