- lancebopsAsked on January 02, 2012 at 08:48 AM
I posted this question about an hour ago and it was removed....why.......please help.
My forms are set up using a code system to notify by e-mail my client and me when someone enters a specific code. This conditional e-mail notification system using a code equal to a specific number was working perfectly until early this morning. Suddenly the jotform system quit sending the conditional e-mail notifications. These e-mails are not in spam folders and I have tried several e-mail addresses on different servers....so that is not the problem. I have recently upgraded my plan with jotform to the Professional level, and I love your system. Please help me figure out why my clients and I are not receiving
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on January 02, 2012 at 12:16 PM
The other thread you opened was not removed. In fact, you can find it on this link - https://www.jotform.com/answers/65466-I-am-not-receiving-e-mail-notifications
Moving on to your issue, can you please confirm if the email address to which the notifications stopped sending is firstname.lastname@example.org?
If yes, well, I checked our mail server log and it says that email notifications for the said address have been successfully delivered. I believe that the problem lies on your mail server's end.
Anyway, try configuring all your form notifications' Reply-To settings (Setup & Embed > Email Alerts > Notification > Reply-To amd Recipient settings) as follows:
After applying these changes, kindly do some tests and update us with your results.
- lancebopsAnswered on January 02, 2012 at 02:23 PMI will test it. I have tried other e-mail servers and I am not receiving them there either. Are my e-mails on your bounce list like others reported today?
Thanks for the help.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on January 02, 2012 at 02:35 PM
Would you care to tell us which exact form you are having this issue with? I'll be waiting for your prompt response.
Also, please avoid creating multiple threads for your issue. It can only cause confusion amongst JotForm Support team members. Thanks a lot.
- lancebopsAnswered on January 02, 2012 at 02:53 PMSorry about the multiple threads, won’t happen again. Thanks for the help.
I have 5 forms on 3 websites:
These 3 forms on www.20PercentYounger.com
Miracle Olivamine10 and Skin Cream
Complete Health Solution
This form on www.CellularVitamin.com
Miracle Olivamine10 - Cellular Vitamin
This form on www.ChiropractorSupplement.com
Miracle Olivamine10 – Chiropractor Supplement
I am not receiving e-mail notifications on any of them. I have tried e-mail accounts associated with these website servers and g-mail accounts, not getting notifications at any of them.
Thanks for helping me.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on January 02, 2012 at 03:14 PM
Thank you for that information. After doing some tests, here's what I discovered:
A conditional email notification cannot be triggered by two or more conditions at the same time. Thus, when somebody enters 9999 in the Code Number field and submits this form, only the second condition is triggered, which is "Send notification email to email@example.com when Code Number is equal to 9999".
The other condition "Send notification email to firstname.lastname@example.org when Code Number is filled" will not be triggered.
The solution to this problem is to create a separate notification email for the condition "when Code Number is filled".
On another note, I have made a test submit on your form. According to our server logs, you should be receiving notifications on email@example.com. Kindly confirm if you did receive the notification.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on January 02, 2012 at 03:17 PM
By the way, the email addresses firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com are not in our bounced list.
Also, I have made a test on a cloned form using my own email address and a Gmail address. Notification emails went through to both addresses without problems.
- lancebopsAnswered on January 02, 2012 at 03:29 PMI did not receive the form response at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any thoughts what to try next?
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on January 02, 2012 at 03:54 PM
First things first, create a new notification email for your forms. This notification will be used in the condition "when Code Number is filled".
Afterwards, replace the email addresses you used with Gmail ones. Test the form then let us know the results.
- lancebopsAnswered on January 02, 2012 at 05:10 PMNeil,
Thanks for your help and patience we are checking mail servers and resetting the account. I will keep you posted.
- gori-mathewAnswered on August 28, 2012 at 02:50 PM
We will keep awaiting your response to support you further. Thanks for your update.