- lherring07Asked on September 04, 2015 at 03:19 PM
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on September 04, 2015 at 04:03 PM
For Dropbox integration, please check our guide here: http://www.jotform.com/help/77-Upload-to-Dropbox-with-JotForm.
If you need some help with it, please let us know by responding to this thread the details.
- craigk71Answered on November 16, 2015 at 04:45 PM
There used to be a way to extend the folder name and it appears to have gone away. Will that be coming back or is there a way to edit the extended folder name here?
New integration wizard:
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on November 16, 2015 at 09:08 PM
For now, please login using this link in order to show the old wizard http://www.jotform.com/?old
Upon clicking on Dropbox, you should be able to choose the extended folder.
The problem has been already elevated to the L2 team so they can improve this new wizard.
- JotForm DeveloperdenizAnswered on November 17, 2015 at 01:50 AM
We removed the extended folder option intentionally. The old extended folder logic only renames the Sub Folder like this: Dropbox Root/Sub Folder - Extended Folder.
In new version, you can select your Sub Folder and you can also type Extended Folder name.
Hope, this solves your problem.
Please let us know if you need any further help.
- craigk71Answered on November 17, 2015 at 10:35 AM
Hi deniz & Jeanette,
Thanks for your responses. I actually used fields from the form to create the subfolder and the extended folder name. This helped me because I have repeat users that complete the same form but from different months. So "John Doe" could complete the form in May, and again in June and it would file it by their name and month (instead of overwriting the previous submission).
- BenAnswered on November 17, 2015 at 12:42 PM
In my colleague's name, you are welcome.
Please do let us know if you have any additional questions and we would be happy to assist with the same.