- econscribeAsked on September 07, 2015 at 03:51 AM
I am asking users a series of questions and then want them to rank their own answers. I have tried using the field ids in the orderable list widget, but the ids just show up as options.
Is there a way, instead, to feed the actual values--the answers by users--into the widget?
Thank you very much!
- SammyAnswered on September 07, 2015 at 07:25 AM
At the moment the orderable list can only contain predefined values and cannot take end user input.
You can consider using the following widgets and see if they meet your needs, they allow dynamic addition and removal of entered values.
- econscribeAnswered on September 07, 2015 at 11:46 AM
Thanks, Sammy! It looks like neither of those will do what I need.
Do you know if there are plans to allow configurable lists to allow end user input?
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on September 07, 2015 at 12:48 PM
You can add Text Boxes into the configurable list widget, so the user can input: http://widgets.jotform.com/widget/configurable_list
- vivedjAnswered on September 23, 2015 at 03:27 PM
I have the same problem as econscribe - it would be great if Jotform had the capability to put "user input" in the orderable list widget.
- BenAnswered on September 23, 2015 at 06:21 PM
We call such widgets User Contributed X widget. You can see the current ones here: User Contributed widgets.
I will raise this to our developers to see if it would be possible to create User Contributed Order List widget as well.
If and as soon as it becomes available (we can not make any promises on this) we will notify you about it through this thread.
- vivedjAnswered on September 24, 2015 at 07:52 PM
Thanks Ben for raising this to your developers!
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on September 25, 2015 at 12:43 AM
On behalf of my colleague, you are welcome.
We will get back to you as soon as we have any update on this feature request.
- econscribeAnswered on August 13, 2016 at 02:08 PM
Hey guys, just checking if there were any new developments. I am still looking for a solution where users enter answers and then rank them in order.
- victorAnswered on August 13, 2016 at 04:51 PM
Unfortunately, we do not have any new information. Sadly new feature requests take a back sit to the more urgent tickets. At the moment we can't give you an ETA on when this feature will be implemented.
It seems that it is approved and is assigned to one of the developers. As soon as we have any information, we will let you know.
- econscribeAnswered on August 13, 2016 at 05:05 PM