What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Google Spreadsheet integration records date values as a weird numbersAsked by kemalo on September 08, 2015 at 04:41 AM
When I build a google spreadsheet integration, all of the Date/Time values come as a weird number. And it is not possible to convert this number as date/time value like "dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm"
Can you please help me?
records values date values datetime field
Thanks for reporting. That is indeed a bug.
However, when I performed a test just now, it is showing the date value just fine.
May I suggest to re-integrate your form to google spreadsheet. This might resolve the problem. Please let me know if not so we can further assist you.
(Private)Answered by kemalo on September 08, 2015 at 07:29 AM
Thanks for your response.
I have re-integrated my form to google spreadsheet several times. Regarding to your message, I have tried again and same problem still occures.
I have also created a new form just to be sure if there is a problem relevant to my form. I simply put to date/time fileds in to a new form. when I make spreadsheet integration, I again get the same problem.
but I figured out that when I choose the time value as 0:00, I see the value correct in the spreadsheet. otherwise value comes as a weird number.
Also in this case, I figured out that "edit link" in the speadsheet table comes as an error because of the field seperator.
Unfortunately, I'm also unable to replicate the problem.
I tried doing the same setup, but it doesn't give an error. However, please try the following steps to resolve the problem.
1. First, try resetting your Time format in your JotForm's account setting. Choose the correct Timezon and Time Format.
2. After that, remove the integration, clear your form's cache and re-integrate Google Spreadsheet.
3. Try making a test submission and see if that resolves the problem.
If the above steps doesn't help, you can try setting up the data format in your columns. It looks like your default one is set to have a general number, same with the edit link.
You could try setting up the date format like this. Choose any of of the number formats listed.
Please let us know if any of the steps works. You can also share us the Google Spreadsheet link so we can check it out. But I believe the date and time settings in your account should fix this.
We'll wait for your response.
I have done the steps exactly the way you describe.
when I make a new google spreadsheet integration, old records come correctly. But after that, new submission come weird date values.
So everytime I renew the integration, I get all of the old records correctly. but records still problem. And it all goes on this way.
i have the same problem, when i do the reintegration with spreadsheet , the spreadsheet it is right, but when i sent a new form the format stay wrong again.
see the print below:
Look my spreadsheet link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BTWStxbIQhHEN53O1wuY8moUDyxUbRMjDARDdNLLKH8/edit?usp=sharing
JotForm link: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/50715386903963
I have the big problem with this error on integration, and i need to help.
Our apologies for the troubles and inconvenience. But I'm also unable to replicate the problem. Everything works fine, I tried the following to replicate it:
-change the separator
-change the time format
-change the date format
-change the default date
-change the default time
Please try doing the following:
-Replace the current datetime fields and use the default settings which are mentioned above.
-Re-integrate the form and check if it's still doing the same.
Lastly, share us here the spreadsheet link as well as the form so we can try it and then will use it as a reference to our developers.
I already tried to do it. but nothing works.
Look below the links:
I see your post was moved to a separate thread and already addressed by one of our colleagues. We request you to post your responses on the other thread so that we'll be able to address your query properly.