- amcocorporateAsked on September 08, 2015 at 01:35 PM
I'm having trouble exporting data from my encrypted form into a csv spreadsheet. The export has illegible data instead of the right data for each column field.
- BorisAnswered on September 08, 2015 at 02:41 PM
I'm afraid that we don't support exporting encrypted submission yet - they can only be decrypted directly in your browser with a correct private key, while on the Submissions page of that form. This is because we believe that the submission data belongs to you alone, and any of our methods that require server-side processing can't work on encrypted submissions - since the private key is never stored on our servers.
You can read more about the limitations of encrypted forms in our guide on What are Encrypted Forms and how to use them as expert. I will quote the relevant part of it here:
Some of the features that are not available for Encrypted Forms* are:
1. PDF Downloads,
2. Reports (this includes downloading Excel and CSV files from within Submission Panel),
3. Emails that contain form data in them.
* All server side gathered and processed data can only be retrieved in encrypted form because your private key is never sent to our servers.
I hope this helps. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.